- This event has passed.
The Crazy Store Magaliesberg Challenge 2015
August 15, 2015 @ 6:30 am - 4:00 pm
Spend the whole day at Van Gaalens Cheese Farm, relaxing after your run on the Veranda and huge lawns. The restaurant and farm stall will keep your eating and drinks needs happily quenched.
Add yourself to the Facebook event – to get updates on all new information as they are posted!
All trail runners should be self sufficient with carrying your own water and food. The longer routes also require you to carry compulsory kit.
Entries include a first Ascent performance t-shirt and cap valued at R500, van Gaalens Picnic Lunch at the finish line and all race services from Energy Events.
Arrive for registration from 6am. Coffee and rusks included. Busses depart at 7am – 50km runners climb onto buses, horse carts and tractors to transfer to their start.
50km – R695 l 36km – R 595 I 22km – R 450 I 12km – R 350
Race registration for 36km and 50km starts at 6am. This is where you collect your race numbers and First Ascent racing Tee and Cap.
Registration for 12km and 25km starts at 7:30am.
7am – 50km runners climb onto buses, horse carts and tractors to transfer to their start.
7:15am – 36km runners start boarding 4 buses to the start.
7:30am – 36km runners buses depart. 50km race starts.
8 for 8:15am – 36km race starts.
8:30am – 22km batches start at the base camp venue of Van Gaalens.
9.30am – 12km batches start, also from base camp.
11am – Lunch starts.
12pm – Prizegiving begins. Includes Cheese Rolling Derby!
12 -1pm – 36km and 50km cut off at Greek church.
Compulsory Kit (not negotiable):
1. You must carry all your own nutrition and hydration for the entirety of the run.
2. 50km & 36km runners must carry a minimum of 2 litres, (22km runners advised to carry 1 litre), a few bars, biltong, dried fruit, gummy chews etc – whichever gets your rockets firing.
3. 50km & 36km route goes into remote areas, you must carry a wind breaker, a space blanket, a whistle and charged cell phone. Add the emergency number 072 924 2371.
- 12km will have 1 water table, 22km 2 water tables, 36km and 50km 1 emergency water table after 22km.
- Race numbers to be worn on the front of your running shirt, club numbers are not required.
- There is a kiddies jungle gym and big grassy area in front of the restaurant at Van Gaalens race venue. Bring your family along and enjoy a relaxed morning out whilst waiting for sweaty mom or dad’s arrival. Restaurant on site.
- Free Kiddies run at 10am and 11am register beforehand for a race number, follow the clown! CRAZY goodie bags!
- DO NOT leave valuables in your car, lock anything like wallets, cellphones, IPads in the boot. We have Security patrolling.
T-shirts: first Ascent performance gear 2015: