Trail running with Energy Events, for dummies… Your questions answered!!
“When do online entries close?”
Our events are popular – Entries close when they sell out, make sure you enter ASAP. If they do not sell out, they will close on the Wednesday – before the event.
“Are entries on race day available?”
Yes they are, with the exception of the following:
1. Old Mutual Two Oceans Trail Run
2. The Beast Trail Run
3. Cederberg Traverse
“How does the Substitution process work?”
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Note: Costs may apply.
“Is the compulsory equipment, compulsory?”
“What is the compulsory equipment?”
Here are the items that every MOUNTAIN sportsman should have:
- Space Blanket & Whistle
- Headlamp/ Torch
- Emergency cellphone with saved emergency number (072 924 2371)
- Food & Water
- Rain Jacket (Waterproof & warm – not just a shell)
- Hat/ Beanie/ Buff
- Suitable clothing for the conditions
“Is there a route map available?”
The distances in our races change every year, therefore route profiles and maps are only created once the new route has been confirmed.
We will upload each route map to the relevant event page, as soon as it becomes available.
“I have sprained my ankle, can I please get a refund?”
Upon entering our events you agree to the terms and conditions, which state that we do not do refunds. Your options are;
- Find someone to take over your entry (Substitution process will apply)
- Your entry is valid for ONE year, you may roll your entry over to the following year before it expires
- You may claim a Energy Events voucher to the value of your entry to enter one of our other events.